Name of the head of the laboratory: Ing. Pavel Skřivan, CSc.
220 443 118
220 443 206
Web of Science ResearcherID: AAK-1258-2020
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7195-8211
220 443 120
Web of Science ResearcherID: A-4499-2019
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7572-9221
220 443 118
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-0806-2228
220 443 111
Thesis Topic: Technological procedures for optimizing the content and usability of bioactive substances in selected legume products
- Ing. Blanka Klitschová, GoodMills Česko s.r.o.
Thesis Topic: Influence of mill processing on selected quality parameters of wheat flours
- Ing. Jiří Buble, společnost Diosna CS, spol. s r.o.
Thesis Topic: Fermentation processes for the preparation of hypoallergenic products with high nutritional value and for the elimination of carbohydrates from the group of FODMAPs
Research Group of Production and Nutritional Value of Food
Name of the head of the laboratory: Assoc. Prof. Marcela Sluková
Overview of research activities of the laboratory
Mill and bakery products
- Analysis and evaluation of the quality of flour, sourdough, dough and bakery products
- Development of new cereal products with higher nutritional value and health benefits (use of fiber, whole grain flour, non-traditional cereals and other crops; development of bread with a lower glycemic index etc.)
- Assessment of technological processing (kneading, fermentation, baking processes) on the composition and quality of cereal products
Topics we are dealing with
- Development and evaluation of products with added fiber (barley, rye, oats, wholemeal flour)
- Use of new varieties of food barley with fiber and cereal beta-glucans, special wheat variety with bioactive compounds
- Bread with barley, rye, and/or buckwheat flour, groats and mash (low glycemic index bread, GI <55)
- Assessment of the effect of grinding on the structure of starch in wheat flour
- Rye sourdough from finely ground whole grain flour (UCT Prague, Czech Republic; DIOSNA Dierks & Söhne GmbH, Osnabrűck, Germany. Originators: Pavel Skřivan, Marcela Sluková, Daniel Koval, Ondrej Beran, Henrik Oevermann. Patent realized with financial benefit. Patent specification 34392 (22.09.2020), PV 2019-36846 (5.11.2019)
The most important industrial partners
MLÝN PERNER SVIJANY, spol. s r.o. / Svijany
The largest compact mill production unit in the Czech Republic with a production of more than 150.000 tons of flour per year, which corresponds to 14% of industrial flour production in the Czech Republic. It focuses on the production of special flours (bakery strong, bakery weak, wholemeal finely ground, etc.) with various nutritional benefits. Customers of these flours are major companies and operations in the Czech Republic and abroad (export to Poland, Germany, Slovakia): customers in the Czech Republic, f.e. La Lorraine, a.s., Kladno (production of frozen bakery semi-finished products for baking); Mondelez Czech Republic, a.s., Opava (production of long-lasting pastries, specifically biscuits and wafers), Opava; Crocodille ČR, spol. s r.o., Žíželice nad Cidlinou (production and processing of baguettes, snacks and white bread and white bakery products). MLÝN PERNER SVIJANY is a unique family industrial mill in the Czech Republic both in the assortment and in the volume of mill production with an interest in the production of special flours.
La Lorraine Bakery Group, a.s. / Kladno
The largest producer of pre-baked bakery semi-finished products (type of fine and ordinary pastry) and the largest supplier of pastry for baking. Customers of semi-finished bread are major retail chains in the Czech Republic. It is the most important production unit within a multinational group.
Mondelez Czech Republic s.r.o. / Opava-Vávrovice
Characteristics: One of the world’s leading companies in the production of long-lasting pastry (biscuits and wafers), while the Opavia plant in Opava is the largest production unit of this type in Europe and after the commissioning of all newly built lines in the area it will be the largest long-lasting bread manufacturer in the world.
List of employers and real employment of graduates of the field
MLÝN PERNER SVIJANY, spol. s.r.o., PENAM, a.s., Diosna&IsernHäger (DIOSNA Dierks & Söhne GmbH), Bühler Praha, s.r.o., LaLorraine, a.s., BEAS, a.s., IREKS, spol. s. r.o., Zeelandia, spol. s r.o., MILLBA-CZECH, a.s., GoodMills Česko s.r.o., Mlýn Herber spol. s r.o., Lyckeby-CULINAR, a.s., Emco s.r.o.; Pekárny a cukrárny Klatovy, a.s.